Stay calm and mask on! Many small businesses from restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries to dental practices are implementing safety policies and being assaulted for it. This is about ALL of us and who we serve. Employees will be the ones who will feel the heat, This will impact their emotions, energy, and productivity.
Get FIVE tips to handle customers and support your employees.
1. Inform those who you serve on social media, your website, have resources available so people who question your policy can view in real-time what is recommended per state and counties. Have colorful and simple signs (fewer the better ) to place onsite and with your marketing messages. Get some videos uploaded to show what to expect. YOU are placing healthy boundaries for the HEALTH of ALL!
2. Give masks away for free! Unite with those in your communities who are making hand sanitizers and give those away. No mask? No problem! We’ve got one for you!
3. Support employees who will be bearing the brunt of verbal or physical assault. Think of it like cool downtime. I like to say it is a self-care wellness check! (HINT: I talk about this in my upcoming ebook) Employees must decompress from stress! Check out these apps for your employees SuperBetter At Work, Happify, and TalkSpace.
4. Collaborate on a backup plan with your employees on what services or products can be contact-free. Maybe it is an online catalog, order food online, curbside service for coffee to Invisalign trays, etc.
5. Set the boundary where disrespect is not tolerated. You are a small business so you can choose how to convey this message. Have a sign No Mask No Service. I’d prefer … This Is An Assault Free Zone 🙂
Let me know if these tips were helpful to you in your small business!
Take What You Learn & Make A Difference With It