Did you know 3x as many Americans met the criteria for a depression diagnosis during the pandemic than before it? We are all in a relationship with stress and chaos. We spend approximately 1/3 of our time at work, and it may be helpful to consider these proven resources to help decrease stress, reduce workplace burnout, increase focus, compassion & happiness. This week I’ll share tips for you to share with your teams. *Special edition this week for IgniteDDS*
Let’s look at what many of us may be experiencing daily.
1. Isolation & Loneliness
2. Cancellation of events
3. Supply chain anxiety
4. Travel restrictions
5. Getting the virus or having family sick (high risk)
6. Financial Stability
7. Employment Uncertainty
8. Domestic Violence
9. Struggle with emotional and mental health, anxiety & depression
It’s time to create a work culture that emphasizes; Connection, Compassion, and Communication. You help to develop work-life wellness. Forget balance. Balance is an even distribution of weight. Anything above sound balanced to you? Wellness is an actively pursued goal referring to being in good health!
How do you begin? SELFcare in healthcare.
1. Start a conversation with your team.
2. Encourage vulnerability as a leader and lead with it.
3. Listen with the purpose (everyone will have a different worry or symptom). Make sure that you are in a healthy, non-judgmental space to listen, not solve! You are not a therapist!
4. Find and offer resources. Set small goals for mindfulness at work. Happify AND Headspace offer easy, time-efficient, & effective tasks for each member of your team. These tasks do not take up all of your free time at lunch. Accomplishing these goals may recharge you.
Special note: These platforms may have free memberships during this pandemic. It’s worth it to check it out!
I hope you found this information valuable!
Take What You Learn & Make A Difference With It