Wearing a mask! It is a trending topic on social media that triggers some negativity! Don’t allow these posts to steal from your time, your emotions or your energy! Get 3 ways to set healthy boundaries when you see these posts on social media!
I used to be someone who did not set healthy boundaries. I was really bad at it! The result? Other people ran my life! I rode shotgun! I don’t do that anymore. I learned how to set healthy boundaries with my time, emotions, and energy.
Today I want to challenge you to setting healthy boundaries here … on social media. When you see a video or post regarding wearing a mask you will likely feel frustrated, angry or fearful. What’s the problem with wearing a mask?
After reading hundreds of comments on posts I found 4 common concerns.
1. Safety. Do your part to keep yourself and others safe.
2. They are uncomfortable to wear. I get it! I wore a mask for 25 years when I worked as a clinical dental hygienist!
3. Breathing is difficult.
4. It infringes on my rights.
Viewing or commenting on these posts will most likely trigger a negative emotion, deplete your energy and suck time from your day.
Here are 3 solutions;
1. Don’t respond. Stop, Pause and Scroll. Intentionally go to a person whose posts are positive or humorous. Reset your mind. Me? I go to Gibb’s fan page and check out other dog / pet posts as that makes me happy.
2. Respond to learn than to be right. So if a post states that someone has asthma and they share they can’t breathe wearing a mask, you could share … “I’m doing my part to wear a mask yet I’ve not thought about it that way before, thank you for helping me understand”
3. Delete / Unfriend / Unfollow THIS is total freedom from the bondage of social media stress.
Has this been helpful to you? Let me know! COMMENT or share!